Cheddar Thyme Flaky BiscuitsFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In medium bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar.
- Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or fork until it is the size of peas.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and measure the milk, cheese and thyme into the bowl.
- Gently mix until soft dough forms.
- Roll or pat out onto a floured surface to a 3/4" thickness.
- Cut in circles and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes OR until biscuit bottoms are golden.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
These biscuits look and sound so good! Love cheddar addition here!juels in Clayton loved it
All I've got to say is 5 YUMs!dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
I have got ot make these. Yum.lasaf in St. Paul loved it