Cherry Cheesecake PieFrom chef2 5 years ago
- Cherry cheesecake Pie shopping list
- f shopping list
- Active Time: 15 minutes shopping list
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes shopping list
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 1 box (15 oz) refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crusts shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 bricks (8 oz each) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling shopping list
- White from 1 large egg, in a small bowl shopping list
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Have ready a 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Fit 1 crust into pie plate. Unroll or unfold remaining crust on a cutting board; cut in 1/2-in.-wide strips. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- 3. Mix sugar and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Add cream cheese; beat with mixer on medium speed until smooth. On low speed, beat in egg and extract until just blended.
- 4. Spread batter evenly in crust; spoon pie filling evenly over top. Beat egg white with a fork until foamy. Brush on pastry strips. Arrange about 8 strips evenly spaced across pie filing. Place 8 more strips diagonally over first strips to form a lattice (discard remaining strips). Trim and press ends to bottom crust. Brush rim with egg white; press on almonds.
- 5. Bake 50 to 60 minutes until crust is golden brown and cherries bubble. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold.
- Planning Tip: Can be baked up to 4 days ahead. Refrigerate covered.
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating2 people
I've never seen this before, love the sound of it...I agree with Trigger; flaky crust, cherry/cheesecake all in one. Thanks for a great post!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
What a wonderful recipe you get the crispy flaky crust and a moist cherry topped cheese cake all in one.
five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!