Baked Tuna Stuffed TomatoesFrom mattsbelly 6 years ago
- 1 Can White tuna packed in water shopping list
- 1/4 Cup minced celery shopping list
- 1/4 Cup minced sweet onion shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill weed shopping list
- 1 TBS minced fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- 1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- pinch of sugar shopping list
- 1/4 Cup mayo shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 Beefsteak size tomatoes shopping list
- 2-4TBS. shredded cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Slice tops off tomatoes.
- Using a spoon, remove seeds and meat of tomatoes (reserve for another use or throw away).
- Sprinkle insides of tomatoes lightly with salt. Set aside, upside down on paper towels to drain any extra juice.
- Mix first 9 ingredients in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fill each Tomato with half of the tuna mixture.
- Place Tomatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle each tomato with 1-2 TBS cheese. Enough to cover tuna.
- Bake for 20-25 min until cheese on top is browned.
- You may need to broil for a couple minutes to brown the cheese after baking.
- Note: I like to make the tuna salad several hours in advance to let the flavors develop. But you can make it all at once too.