Easy Vegan PestoFrom themissiah 7 years ago
How to make it
- Wash the basil very well. Throw 2 handfulls (large) of basil into the processor.
- Drizzle basil with olive oil until thoroughly coated. About 2 tablespoons worth.
- Add the garlic. You can either add them whole or mince/chop them.
- Add pinenuts whole.
- Add the nutritional yeast. You can add more if desired at the end and reprocess.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper if desired. You can now process until somewhat smooth with tiny bits of basil throughout. Taste and season with salt as desired.
- You can add this to pasta (with a bit more olive oil) or add it to your other favorite Italian meals. This can be frozen, too. You can line an ice cube tray with plastic wrap and freeze cubes of it for easy thawing.