Butternut Squash Gnocchi With Prosciutto And Sage Cream SauceFrom alexa586 6 years ago
- roasting the Squash: shopping list
- 1 butternut squash (2 lbs) shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- Pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- Pinch of white pepper shopping list
- For the dough add: shopping list
- 3 tbs olive oil shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ nutmeg shopping list
- Generous pinch of white pepper shopping list
- ½ tsp fresh chopped sage shopping list
- 2 ½ cups of flour, plus more for shaping shopping list
- For the sauce: shopping list
- 1 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 large shallot diced shopping list
- 4 oz chopped prosciutto shopping list
- ½ dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- ¼ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tbs fresh chopped sage shopping list
- 1 tbs chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 Degrees
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Rub the cut slices of the squash olive oil and season the salt nutmeg and white pepper.
- Set the squash, cut side down, on a baking sheet and roast until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cool, then scoop out fleshy pulp into a large mixing bowl.
- Mash with a fork or a potato masher.
- Season with remaining olive oil, salt, nutmeg, pepper and sage. Mix until incorporated.
- Start with 1 cup of flour and mix into the squash mixture with your hands, adding more flour as necessary.
- Work into soft dough, adding more flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Put dough on a floured work surface.
- With well-floured hands, knead dough until no longer sticky. Divide the dough in half and roll into 3/4-in.-thick rope and cut into 1/2-in.-long pieces.
- Put pieces on a floured baking sheet and set aside. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bring large pot of well salted water to a boil.
- Add the gnocchi in batches and cook just until they float to the top, 1
- 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- While gnocchi's are cooking make the sauce.
- Coat large sauce pan with olive oil and heat to medium-high.
- Add shallot, sauté till fragrant then add the prosciutto. Cook until it begins to brown, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add cream, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and sage.
- When sauce comes to a boil reduce heat add walnuts and simmer until thickened about 5 minutes.
- Add gnocchi's to the suace, toss until coated. Plate and sprinkle with chopped walnuts and sage
The Cookalexa586 Thorofare, NJ
The Rating3 people
Perfect!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Alexa, your spin on the classic is one decadent recipe the sauce with sage, nutmeg and white wine and prosciutto is phenomenal rich and creamy a perfect balance for the sweet tones of the squash.
Bookmarked and printed If you had a picture I a...moretrigger in loved it
There is nothing better to my mind than a sage cream sauce, alexa. This is a winner! My thanks and my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!