Cream Of Tomato SoupFrom despinap 6 years ago
- 16 oz tomatoes; canned shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion; chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley; chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tomatoes in bite-sized pieces and place with tomato liquid in a saucepan; add onions, tomato paste, chicken broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and cool about 15 minutes, then turn into blender or food processor fitted with steel blade. Cover; blend at low speed until well-mixed.
- Meanwhile, heat milk, but do not allow it to boil or burn.
- Combine tomato mixture and hot milk. Simmer, stirring constantly, until hot enough to serve.
- Garnish with parsley.