Maple Pecan Sweet PotatoesFrom karlyn255 4 years ago
- * 1 cup water shopping list
- * 1 1" piece lemon peel shopping list
- * 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 3 medium Sweet potatoes; peeled, sliced 1/2-inch thick shopping list
- * 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- * 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped shopping list
- * 1/4 cup maple syrup shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- * a few whole pecans for garnish, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Pour water into pressure cooker and add lemon peel, brown sugar, and salt.
- Stir in sweet potatoes.
- Secure lid.
- Over high heat, develop steam to high pressure in pressure cooker.
- Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 4 minutes.
- Release pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Remove lid.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to a serving dish with a slotted spoon.
- In a skillet, melt butter; heat until bubbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Add syrup and cornstarch, stirring to blend.
- Add to liquid in cooker and cook over med.
- heat until thickened.
- Spoon over sweet potatoes.
- Garnish with whole pecans.