Pigeon Peas And RiceFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 2 spoons of oil shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 of red bell pepper chopped shopping list
- 1/2 of green bell pepper chopped shopping list
- 1 16 ounce can of cooked pigeon peas shopping list
- (alternately you can cook the peas from dried state, drain) shopping list
- Hard to find the peas in the raw state, we used canned because it was more readily available from the Spanish market. shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic smashed shopping list
- 1 cup of medium grain rice shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- 1 chicken bouillion cube shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt if you want to skip the bouillion cube shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of ground thyme shopping list
- 1 tbsp of lime juice shopping list
- several grinds of black pepper shopping list
- chopped leafy green parsley or cilantro if you like cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in sauce pan.
- Add onions and peppers cook two minutes.
- Add garlic cook one minute.
- Add peas rice and saute a minute or two.
- Stir in water, lime juice, seasonings.
- Turn heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Stir in parsley or cilantro and serve.
- Alternately, a few tablespoons of tomato paste can be added with the water and make the dish a festive red tone.
- Another variation has half of the water replaced with an equal amount of coconut milk. (not coco lopez pina colada mix) but unsweetened coconut milk that is available canned.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!