Carmelized French ToastFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 1 stick butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- 16 slices bakery or home-made raisin bread or kuchen bread shopping list
- 4 oz Neufchatel or cream cheese shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup whole or skim milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla shopping list
- cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In 11x17 pan, combine brown sugar, butter and maple syrup. Cook until dissolved and bubbly, approximately 5 minutes. (Do not let butter burn)
- Meanwhile, spread 8 slices of bread with cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon. Place remaining 8 slices on top to make sandwiches and cut diagonally to fit in pan. Do not overlap.
- Blend eggs, milk, and vanilla; pour over sandwiches. Cover and let set for at least 40 minutes or overnight in refrigerator.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Flip bread over when removing from pan. If a crustier carmelized top is preferred, place back in oven for a few minutes longer. Top with a spoonful of yogurt or sour cream and sprinkle with fresh berries.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
Wow. This sounds really good and filling!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
I love these overnight French toasts, they make it so easy to have guests for brunch!
Big 5!pat2me in Nashua loved it
oh yeah baby!!!!!!! i love these too ..........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!