Mexican Chalupa SupremeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- flat bread (pita will work) shopping list
- oil for deep-frying shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- Shredded lettuce shopping list
- Shredded Cheddar/Jack cheese shopping list
- diced tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Mix dried onion with water in a small bowl and let stand for
- five minutes.
- Combine ground beef, flour, chili powder, paprika, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add onions and water.
- Mix again.
- In a skillet, cook beef mixture until browned.
- Stir often while cooking so no large chunks form; it should be more like a paste.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a deep-fryer (or you can use a skillet) deep fry the
- bread for 30 seconds.
- Let drain on absorbent towels.
- Build Chalupas starting with meat, then sour cream, lettuce
- cheese, and tomatoes in that order.
- Top with hot sauce or salsa if desired.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
Great one Midge, love Chalupas. High 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Midge you've given me and idea for dinner tonite, we love chalupas, thanks.......:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
These are really good! Love this and so easy too.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
Quick N Easy123 members
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
GROUND BEEF96 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members