Walnut Maple Syrup Pie in EnglishFrom ironorchid 5 years ago
- pie crust 9" shopping list
- egg, whole, 1 jumbo shopping list
- egg white, 1 large shopping list
- brown sugar, 0.25 cup, packed shopping list
- flour, all-purpose, 1 Tbsp. shopping list
- salt, 1 dash shopping list
- maple syrup, 0.75 cup shopping list
- unsalted butter, 2 Tbsp., melted shopping list
- walnuts, 1 cup, ground shopping list
- walnuts, 1 cup, pieces or chips shopping list
- dark rum (1.25 fl oz) , 2 Tbsp. + 1/2 Tbsp. shopping list
How to make it
- Bake the pie crust according to the package instructions. Cool it.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grind 1 cup of walnuts, mix it with a cup of whole ones, set aside.
- Melt butter in a microwave oven.
- In a bowl beat up the whole egg, egg white and brown sugar till sugar dissolves.
- Add flour, a dash of salt, maple syrup and melted butter. Mix well. Fold in walnuts and add 2 tbsp. of rum. Mix together and immediately pour the batter into the cooked pie crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- When the pie is ready, take it out of the oven and let it stand for 15 minutes. Then drizzle it with the remaining half a tablespoon of rum.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Nutritional Info: 1 piece - 288 cal, fat 18g, carbs 30g, protein 4g.