RatatouilleFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 2 (1 pound) eggplants, cubed shopping list
- 1 3/4 teaspoons plus 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds peeled tomatoes OR 42 ounces diced tomatoes shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed and minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds white onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 bell peppers (colors of your choosing) cored, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds zucchini, cur lengthwise and then into 1/2" slices shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Place a single layer of paper towels on two large plates.
- Place cubed eggplant onto the plates.
- Sprinkle with 1 3/4 teaspoon salt and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- In large saucepan cook tomatoes, garlic, black pepper, basil and parsley, uncovered over medium heat.
- In large skillet saute the onion and bell pepper in a small amount of olive oil over medium high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very lightly browned.
- Remove skillet from heat and transfer vegetables to the tomato mixture.
- Pat the eggplant dry with a fresh paper towel and add it, along with the zucchini, to the tomato mixture.
- Cover the pot and cook stew over low medium heat for 45 minutes OR until vegetables are tender.
- Add the wine and 3/4 teaspoon salt and cook an additional 5 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
YUM!!! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I always wondered what was in this dish. High 5karlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
This sounds great - I agree 5aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it