Creamy Chicken And Wild Mushroom BakeFrom softgrey 7 years ago
- 1/2 pound butterfly pasta - cooked in salted water-drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup mixed dried wild mushrooms shopping list
- 2 TBSP butter shopping list
- 3 green onions sliced thinly on the diagonal shopping list
- 1 TBSP flour shopping list
- 1/2 pint heavy cream (can easily use milk here-this is just what I had on hand) shopping list
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soak mushrooms in warm water.
- Cook pasta. Drain. Pour into small casserole/baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small pot.
- Add onions and saute for about 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Drain and roughly chop mushrooms and add to mixture.
- Stir in flour for one minute.
- Add cream, stirring until it thickens.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese
- Stir in nutmeg and pepper
- Add most of the Swiss cheese and stir well.
- Stir in chicken.
- Pour cream sauce mixture over the pasta and stir well.
- Top with remaining Swiss cheese adn green onions.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until golden.
The Cooksoftgrey New York
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!