Outstanding Apricot CakeFrom karlyn255 8 years ago
- 8 oz cream cheese -- softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine -- softened shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 10 oz jar apricot preserves shopping list
- 2 cups flaked coconut shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 cup margarine -- melted shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup margarine and sugar, mixing
- at medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add milk, mixing well after each addition. Blend in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- to cream cheese mixture; mix well.
- Pour half of batter into greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan. Dot with preserves; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Combine coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted margarine; mix well.
- Spread on cake; broil 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating6 people
you have a winner here... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
YUM, can't wait to try this. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
I really like moist cakes and this sounds delicous...5aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!