Pineapple Pound CakeFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- • 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained, divided shopping list
- • 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- • 1 cup butter or margarine (2 sticks) shopping list
- • 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- • 6 large eggs shopping list
- • 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- • 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- • 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Put 3/4 cup of undrained pineapple with its juice in a small bowl; set aside. Drain remaining pineapple and measure 1 cup of drained crushed pineapple; set aside.
- Cream shortening, butter, and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Sift flour and baking powder together; add to creamed mixture, 1 large spoonful at a time, alternately with milk. Add vanilla; stir in 3/4 cup undrained pineapple with juice and blend well. Pour batter into a well greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Place in cold oven. Turn oven to 325° and bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until top springs back when touched lightly with finger. Let pineapple pound cake stand for few minutes in pan. Run knife around edges to loosen and remove pineapple cake carefully to a rack. Combine butter, confectioners' sugar, and about 1 cup drained pineapple. Pour pineapple sauce over cake while still hot.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!