vichyssoiseFrom xerxes 8 years ago
- 2 oz butter shopping list
- 1 onion, minced shopping list
- 3 leeks, sliced 1/4" shopping list
- 6 new potatoes (or 3 russets) peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, finely minced shopping list
- TO GARNISH: shopping list
- 1/2 cup single cream or sour cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp snipped chives shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the potatoes till they are soft enough to mash with a fork
- Heat the butter in a large frypan
- Add the onions and the leeks. Take care when slicing the leeks to make sure all the sand has been washed out of them
- Sautee the leeks and onions till they are soft
- Pour in the stock. Bring to the boil. Then reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes.
- add the parsley and potatoes in and simmer another 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and pour into a blender. Pulse the soup till it's all liquefied.
- Return to the frypan and season with salt and pepper
- Heat the sour cream in a double boiler till it's a bit runny
- Garnish with the sour cream and chives, and serve.
The Cookxerxes Wheat Ridge, CO
The Rating4 people
Et tu, xerxes? This is a little different than mine and I feel an almost urgent need to try this one sooner rather than later! My thanks and my five, my friend.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Iam also eager to try this one. Looks wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Another elegant and delicious sounding recipe! Bookmarked and will try soon!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!