Pineapple Coconut RisottoFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup pineapple juice shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple shopping list
How to make it
- Combine pineapple juice, coconut milk and broth in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and keep warm.
- Melt butter in larger stock pot.
- Add onion and cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Add rice and stir until grains are well coated.
- Add about 1/2 cup of simmering liquid to rice, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding liquid and stirring until rice is tender.
- Risotto is done when the rice is soft and creamy with a little bite in the center of the grain.
- This will take about 20 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, stir in Parmesan cheese and pineapple.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
What a wonderful flavor combination! Sweet and savory, buttery, tart and yummy. Another one I have to try this weekend. Weather will be perfect for grilling and this will be a great side!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
I love the tropical flavors of this rissoto , and I would have to agree it would compliment a roasted chicken very well.
Five forks and a big happy smile :)trigger in loved it
what an interesting combo... sweet and savory together... very nice... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it