Pineapple Coconut RisottoFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup pineapple juice shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple shopping list
How to make it
- Combine pineapple juice, coconut milk and broth in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and keep warm.
- Melt butter in larger stock pot.
- Add onion and cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Add rice and stir until grains are well coated.
- Add about 1/2 cup of simmering liquid to rice, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding liquid and stirring until rice is tender.
- Risotto is done when the rice is soft and creamy with a little bite in the center of the grain.
- This will take about 20 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, stir in Parmesan cheese and pineapple.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
oh, love this one for sure!midgelet in Eastern loved it
what an interesting combo... sweet and savory together... very nice... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I love the tropical flavors of this rissoto , and I would have to agree it would compliment a roasted chicken very well.
Five forks and a big happy smile :)trigger in loved it