Fish TacosFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- BATTER: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup beer shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 lime, juiced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced capers shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 pound cod fillets, in 2 to 3 ounce portions shopping list
- 12 ounce package corn tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded shopping list
- 1 quart oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Blend in egg and beer and quickly stir into flour mixture.
- Don't worry about a few lumps!
- Mix together yogurt and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.
- Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is sightly runny.
- Season with jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill and cayenne.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Dust fish pieces with flour.
- Dip into beer batter and fry until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Lightly fry tortillas, not too crisp.
- To serve, place fried fish in a tortilla, top with shredded cabbage and white sauce.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
These sound great. I love fish tacos. Got to try these soon. Thanks.bojangles42 in Rochester loved it
Oh yes, these do look and sound incredible! Love the sauce here too!juels in Clayton loved it