Fish TacosFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- BATTER: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup beer shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 lime, juiced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced capers shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 pound cod fillets, in 2 to 3 ounce portions shopping list
- 12 ounce package corn tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded shopping list
- 1 quart oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Blend in egg and beer and quickly stir into flour mixture.
- Don't worry about a few lumps!
- Mix together yogurt and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.
- Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is sightly runny.
- Season with jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill and cayenne.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Dust fish pieces with flour.
- Dip into beer batter and fry until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Lightly fry tortillas, not too crisp.
- To serve, place fried fish in a tortilla, top with shredded cabbage and white sauce.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
Oh yes, these do look and sound incredible! Love the sauce here too!juels in Clayton loved it
These sound great. I love fish tacos. Got to try these soon. Thanks.bojangles42 in Rochester loved it