Black Bottom Peanut Butter Cream PieFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1 pastry shell (9 inch), baked shopping list
- Fudge Layer and Drizzle: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup French vanilla yogurt shopping list
- 1 3-oz. box chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix shopping list
- 3 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter chips shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 3/4 cup crushed peanut butter granola bars (4 bars) shopping list
How to make it
- Prep time does not include chill time
- In 1-quart heavy saucepan, mix chocolate chips, whipping cream and butter.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted.
- Remove from heat; stir until smooth.
- Reserve 1/4 cup fudge mixture in small microwavable bowl for drizzle; set remaining mixture aside to cool.
- In large bowl, beat milk, yogurt and pudding mix with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until smooth and thickened.
- Set aside.
- In another small microwavable bowl, microwave 3 tablespoons butter and peanut butter chips on High 45 seconds.
- Stir; if necessary, continue to microwave in 10-second increments, stirring after each, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- On low speed, gradually beat peanut butter mixture into pudding mixture until combined; beat on high speed until filling is smooth and fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Spread cooled fudge layer mixture evenly in bottom of cooled baked shell.
- Carefully spoon and spread filling over fudge layer.
- Sprinkle crushed granola bars evenly over top.
- Refrigerate until set, 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, microwave reserved fudge mixture on High 15 to 20 seconds or until drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over top of pie
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Is there a person who can claim NOT to like chocolate and peanut butter? I think not! ^5, midge.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Amazing my friend, absolutely amazing. You have my 5. Yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I think we all love chocolat and peanut butter, this is a yummy recipe....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Quick N Easy123 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Choco Lovers139 members
Anything Goes289 members
All About Choclate86 members
Chocoholics Anonymous155 members
Death By Chocolate122 members
Companys Coming115 members