Scrumptious Slow-cooker Beef StewFrom jones2888 7 years ago
- 1 cup peeled cubed white potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup baby carrots (about 20) shopping list
- 1 cup diced celery shopping list
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef cubes for stew shopping list
- 1/2 envelope dry onion-soup mix shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 t. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) fat-free beef broth shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with juices shopping list
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas shopping list
- 3 T cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes in bottom of slow-cooker. Scatter carrots over potatoes. Add celery to pot. Add remaining ingredients, except for peas and cornstarch, in order given. (Do not stir)
- Cover pot, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the meat is fork-tender.
- Remove lid, and stir stew well. Rinse frozen peas with warm tap water to defrost slightly, and add to pot.
- Mix cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water in a small jar that has a lid. Cover and shake to combine well. Add half of cornstarch mixture to stew gradually, stirring gently but well. Add remaining cornstarch as needed to reach desired consistency.