Pan Grilled Sirloin Steak With Mushrooms And ShallotsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 24 ounce sirloin steak shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hickory flavored liquid smoke shopping list
- 1 pound sliced button mushrooms shopping list
- 4 large shallots sliced into rings shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup brandy or red wine shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 then place sheet pan on lower rack.
- Bring steak to room temperature then preheat ridged grill pan over high heat until smoking.
- While oven heats sprinkle liquid smoke on both sides of steak then set aside.
- On another burner heat a nonstick, ovenproof skillet on high for 3 minutes.
- Add butter and peanut oil and swirl pan until butter stops hissing.
- Immediately add mushrooms and shake pan to separate into a single layer.
- After 2 minutes of sautéing add sliced shallots and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté 2 minutes longer then take skillet of heat and add brandy or wine.
- Tip skillet over burner flame or use fire starter stick if using electric stovetop and ignite alcohol.
- When flames die down place skillet on rack in middle of oven.
- Pat steak dry and cut into two equal pieces then liberally salt and pepper both sides.
- Ease pieces onto hot grill pan for 2 minutes and do not touch.
- After 2 minutes flip steak and grill another 2 minutes.
- Place grill pan in oven on middle rack with mushrooms for 6 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and remove mushrooms and empty onto sheet pan.
- Remove steak and transfer to sheet pan then cover with foil and allow steak to rest 10 minutes.
- Slice meat across the grain in 1/2" slices and return to warm sheet pan.
- When ready put meat and mushrooms and shallots on warmed platter and serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!