Spinach Bacon and Potato FrittataFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 10 large eggs shopping list
- 3 tablespoon Half and Half shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 6 ounces baby spinach shopping list
- 3/4 pound yukon gold potatoes, peeled and in 1/2" dice shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 1/4" pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack about 5" from heating element and set oven to broil.
- Whisk eggs, Half and Half, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in bowl until combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Microwave spinach in covered bowl on high power for 90 seconds.
- Transfer spinach to clean toweling and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Microwave potatoes in empty bowl, covered, on high power for 5 minutes.
- Fry bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and pour all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet.
- Add potatoes to skillet and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, bacon and egg mixture and cook using rubber spatula to stir and scrape until large curds form but eggs are still wet, about 2 minutes.
- Shake skillet to evenly distribute eggs and cook without stirring until bottom is set, about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Broil until surface is "spotty" brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- Slide frittata onto platter and cut into wedges.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating3 people
Lovely post. very nice, indeed.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Boy oh boy does this sound good, you had me at the goat cheese, I have never used potatoes in these before, you are broadening my horizons, thanks for a great post....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Lovely recipe! Looks and sounds delish with spinach and goat cheese there...mmmmm!juels in Clayton loved it
The Breakfast Club442 members
Bacon Natures Candy75 members
Mad About Potatoes65 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
Holy Hot Potatoes Batman60 members
Popeyes Paradise A Spinach Place66 members
Every Thing Italian47 members
Spinach Lovers Unite65 members
Brunch Bunch38 members
The Incredible Edible Egg21 members