Vodka Cream PastaFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, once around the pan in a slow stream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 shallots, minced shopping list
- 1 cup vodka shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (32 ounces) shopping list
- coarse salt and pepper shopping list
- 16 ounces pasta, such as penne rigate shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 20 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn shopping list
- Serve with: shopping list
- crusty bread, for passing shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic and shallots. Gently sauté shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness.
- Add vodka to the pan (3 turns around the pan in a steady stream will equal about 1 cup). Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2 or 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water until cooked to al dente (with a bite to it).
- While pasta cooks, prepare your salad or other side dishes.
- Stir cream into sauce. When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat.
- Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.
- Pass pasta with crusty bread.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating5 people
well i could use all the romance it has to offer lol lol
thank you grizz it sounds wonderful i love rachel ray too..........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This is lovely Grizz. You forgot to say that after you add the vodka to the pasta you can drink the rest, ho,ho.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
1 cup vodka sounds like a lot, but I guesse that's what makes this delicious! 5 forks!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!