Roasted Pears with Goat CheeseFrom waterlily 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400
- Melt the butter in an oven-safe baking dish that's just about the right size to hold the pears.
- Place the pears in the pan, cut sides down and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the pears and cook about 5 minutes more.
- Remove the pears to individual serving dishes.
- Add the honey to the pan, stir until dissolved.
- Add the goat cheese slices to the pan and let the cheese warm up in the hot syrup.
- Place the warm goat cheese on the pears,.
- Drizzle with the balsamic-honey syrup.
- Garnish and serve.
- I'd like feedback on altering this recipe. I'm thinking of wrapping a pear half and a slice of goat cheese in a piece of filo and cooking. Then, I'd top that with the syrup.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
The Rating3 people
Oh, I bet this would taste fantastic! Great robust flavors going on here! 5 forks!juels in Clayton loved it
I may be weird but instead of phyllo, I think I would make this more savory and use a piece of proscuitto. Fill the cavity with the warm cheese, wrap with the proscuitto, but it cheese side down and then drizzle with the honey. When you cut into it...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!