Breakfast Prune cookiesFrom mbeards2 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teasp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups (500 mL) uncooked quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. (2 mL) baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. (2 mL) ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teasp. (1 mL) ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teasp. (1 mL) ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teasp. (1 mL) salt shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped "orange essence" prunes shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped cooking apple shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350F (180C).
- Lightly grease cookie sheets. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, shortneing, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Beat at low speed until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the prunes, apples and pecans.
- Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before storing.
The Cookmbeards2 Omaha, NE
The Rating4 people
Saving this recipe! These cookies sound soooo goood! Love the ingredients here!juels in Clayton loved it
I agre with Juels, and will be saving this recipe as well. ~~~Judy~~~linda2230 in Las Vegas loved it
I love the orange essence prunes and these would be a great breakfast treat. It will be a regular in our household, no pun intended. LOL, thanks for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!