Delicate Clear Onion SoupFrom mommyluvs2cook 7 years ago
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 white onion shopping list
- 1/2 celery stalk, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 carrot, coarsely chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 4 medium mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 green onion, diced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chicken stock and water in sauce pot over med high heat. Slice the onion in half and coarsely chop one half and reserve the other.
- Add the coarsely chopped onion, carrot, celery and salt to sauce pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- While broth simmers heat veg. oil in small sauce pot over med. heat. Slice remaining onion into thin slices. Separate the slices, dip them into the milk and then into the flour. Fry until lightly browned. Drain on a paper towel.
- After soup is done simmering strain vegies out of the broth and toss them (or eat them i suppose ;) Pour the broth back into pan then leave on low heat to keep warm until ready. Garnish with fried onion, mushroom slices and green onions. Delicious!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
The Rating7 people
Love the picture! Looks yummy and healthy!juels in Clayton loved it
I'm cooking this recipe right now, but I'm not sure if you're supposed to cook the mushrooms first before adding or not, I want to say no, because they look simply added in the picture... I hope this comes out right >.<Peachiko in Beaufort loved it
I left out the fried onion strips, because I was going for a more healthy-non fried approach, and I have to admit while it smelled horridly of onions, the taste was very light, and crisp, I would make this again. :)Peachiko in Beaufort loved it