Pork Scaloppini With Mushroom Mustard SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 7 ounce pork tenderloin shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided shopping list
- 1 heaping teaspoon honey sweetened horseradish mustard shopping list
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard divided shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine two tablespoons olive oil, horseradish mustard and two tablespoons Dijon.
- Mix well to combine then using sharp boning knife remove silver skin from tenderloin.
- Slice tenderloin into rounds then place between 2 pieces moistened waxed paper.
- Using a meat mallet gently pound each slice to 1/4" thickness.
- Place medallions in shallow dish and brush both sides with the mustard mixture.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Marinate refrigerated and covered at least one hour or up to four hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- In shallow dish combine flour, pepper, salt and paprika.
- Coat each medallion with seasoned flour and shake off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and remaining oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pieces of pork without crowding and cook 3 minutes turning once.
- Remove from skillet reserving drippings in skillet.
- Keep cooked medallions warm in low oven while cooking remaining pieces.
- Remove second batch of pork and repeat process until all medallions are cooked.
- Keep medallions then warm while preparing sauce.
- Reduce heat under skillet to medium and add two tablespoons butter.
- When melted add mushrooms, rosemary and garlic.
- Cook stirring often until the mushrooms are tender about three minutes.
- Add stock and scrape bottom of skillet with wooden spatula to release any browned bits.
- Bring sauce to boil then reduce heat and simmer five minutes or until reduced by half.
- Stir in remaining mustard, lemon peel and lemon juice then heat thoroughly.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Mushrooms, mustard and medallions of pork, PARDON ME, why of course, this is wonderful.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Yummy - sounds awesome!aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Sounds great! always on the lookout for a pork loin recipe!
Markmark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!