ROLLED CHICKEN TAQUITOSFrom coffeebean53 9 years ago
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken, cooked shopping list
- Breast halves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 3 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 (12 ounce) packages corn shopping list
- tortillas, warmed shopping list
- 1 cup canola oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- . Place chicken into a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until chicken is tender. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside to cool.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the tomatoes, jalapenos, and onions until soft. Remove the chicken meat from the bones, shred and throw it in the skillet with the tomatoes and peppers. Fry for a few minutes to give the chicken some flavor.
- 3. Heat the cup of canola oil in a clean skillet over medium-high heat. Fill each corn tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture, and roll into a cylinder. Fry filled tortillas in the hot oil until golden, turning once. Drain on paper, and serve hot with sour cream or salsa - or both!