Fluffy Ricotta Blueberry PancakesFrom borinda 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp milk shopping list
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Heated pure maple syrup to serve with shopping list
- (optional - grated zest of one lemon) shopping list
How to make it
- Gently mix the first three ingredients just to blend them
- In another bowl whisk the egg yolks with the milk, ricotta cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. (add the lemon zest with this if you care to use it.)
- Add the dry ingredients to this bowlful and whisk until smooth.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg whites until they're frothing.
- Remove the egg whites from the beater and mix a bit of the batter in to them and then very gently fold the egg whites to the batter until just combined.
- Heat a griddle pan until moderately hot and lightly butter it.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to pour the batter onto the griddle pan and cook over moderate heat (you don't want the butter to burn and ruin your pancakes' flavor) until bottoms are golden and starting to set.
- Use a wide spatula to flip the pancakes, sprinkle them with blueberries which you press gently in - don't push too hard or the berries will burst.
- Cook until done.
- Serve with warm syrup.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating5 people
Love ricotta pancakes! These sound great with the addition of blueberries!juels in Clayton loved it
I got to try this sounds yummy!aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
My youngest is a huge pancake lover and everytime he comes over it's, "Mom, please make me some pancakes".....Thank you so much for making my son a happy man next time he's here...The lemon is a definite add..:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!