Cranberry Beef Pot RoastFrom chefelaine 4 years ago
- Cranberry beef pot roast shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- ½ cup mushrooms, diced shopping list
- 1 cup cranberries, cut in half shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless top round beef shopping list
- 1 cup cranberry juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Combine onion, garlic, mushrooms, cranberries & sugar in a 4-quart slow cooker
- Trim excess fat from the beef.
- Brown beef on all sides in a pan on medium flame.
- Place beef on top of onion mixture in slow cooker.
- Drain any fat from the pan, then deglaze with cranberry & orange juices.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add salt, pepper, and cloves; stir well.
- Pour over roast in slow cooker.
- Spread cranberry sauce over roast.
- Cover & cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Remove beef & cover with tinfoil.
- Combine cornstarch & water in small bowl.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 15 minutes until thickened,
- Serve with the roast.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- jayven Nowhere, Us
- phillieb30 Nowhere, Us
- thatsmystyle Hamilton, CA
- dagnabbit Barrie, CA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- kathleen34 Oak Park, IL
- chefperiwinkle Scarboro, CA
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- chefelaine Muskoka, CANA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating6 people
I have never tried pot roast with cranberries. Sounds wonderful! I will try this on Sunday.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
yum yum i love cranberries sounds fabulous
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!