GRILLED SHRIMP REMOULADEFrom dmiller64116 9 years ago
- /4 cup Creole mustard* or other coarse-grain mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar shopping list
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons drained bottled horseradish shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced dill pickle shopping list
- 1 hard-boiled egg, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion greens shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika (not hot) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne shopping list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 3 lb large shrimp in shell (21 to 25 per lb) shopping list
- wooden skewers shopping list
How to make it
- To make rémoulade, whisk together mustard and vinegar in a large bowl until combined well, then whisk in 2/3 cup oil with parsley, horseradish, pickle, scallion, egg, paprika, cayenne, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Snip through shells of shrimp down middle of back using scissors, exposing vein and leaving tail and first segment of shell intact. Devein shrimp, leaving shells in place. (Shells will prevent shrimp from becoming tough on outside when grilled.) Toss shrimp with remaining 1/4 cup oil, remaining teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl, then thread about 6 shrimp (through top and tail, leaving shrimp curled) onto each skewer.
- Prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is medium-hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderately high.
- Grill shrimp on lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over once, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes total.
- When just cool enough to handle, push shrimp off skewers into rémoulade, then toss to combine well and cool at least 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- mycharminglife Cantonment, FL
- mudstuffing Asheville, NC
- jackdawgzillacakes Milwaukee, WI
- angelinaw St Louis, MO
- patskitchen Wabasso, FL
- aliciaholt Salinas, CA
- image Halifax, CA
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- dmiller64116 Kansas City, MO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdmiller64116 Kansas City, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!