Buttermilk Brownies with Chocolate-Buttermilk FrostingFrom karlyn255 4 years ago
- brownies: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- frosting: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease 13x9 baking pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt - then set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, cocoa powder and water. Bring mixture just to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture.
- Beat with mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Beat for 1 minute more, then pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick comes out clean after insertion.
- Pour warm Chocolate-Buttermilk Frosting over the warm brownies, then spread evenly.
- Cool in pan on wire rack, then cut into bars.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, cocoa powder and buttermilk.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Cover and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating11 people
These look and sound divine! Love the buttermilk addition here!juels in Clayton loved it
Have made the cake many times, but have never seen the buttermilk addition to the frosting. Can't wait to try it...thanks a bunch! ^5debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
I Love these brownies, so good n moist n the icing is jsut great.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!