Stuffed Flank Steak Dated 1962From chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 pound flank steak shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 large white onions shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2-cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons drained capers shopping list
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped celery with leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley shopping list
- 10 slices bacon shopping list
- 2 cups beef stock shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 then spread out steak and beat carefully with rubber mallet until quite thin.
- Season lightly with pepper then chop one of the onions finely.
- Melt butter in skillet and sauté onion and garlic until tender.
- Add breadcrumbs, cheese, capers, celery, thyme and parsley then spread filling over steak.
- Roll up tucking in edges as you go along.
- Secure roll with string and place bacon slices overlapping lengthwise over entire roll.
- Slice remaining onion and place slices in bottom of baking dish.
- Pour stock into dish then place roll on the slices.
- Bake 3 minutes then turn temperature down to 350 and continue cooking 2 hours.
- Baste frequently with liquid.
- At end of cooking scrape bacon into baking dish then remove roll to carving board and let it rest.
- Dump drippings, onions and bacon into a blender then puree and strain into saucepan.
- Slice roll into 1/2" medallions then ladle sauce over meat and serve.