Many Ways Tea BiscuitsFrom m11andrade 6 years ago
- 3 3/4 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 T. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 c. Your Choice: nuts, dried fruit bits, raisins, mini chocolate chips shopping list
- 4 eggs, divided shopping list
- 1 c. evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla shopping list
- 2 T. milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease two large cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1 cup of Your Choice of add-ins. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat 3 eggs with the evaporated milk and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out onto a floured surface . Knead several times. Pat dough to about a 3/4 inch thickness and cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on prepared pans. Beat the last egg with the 2 T. milk and brush over biscuits before baking.
- Bake 15 to 17 minuites or until golden brown.
The Cookm11andrade Kankakee, IL
The Rating5 people
These sound delicious! Almost like a scone, too! Thanks so much for the new recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Lovely recipe! These definitely would be great with tea! Sounds delish, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
love these tea buiscuits with all the add inns delicous thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it