Potato Crusted QuicheFrom keeperrox 8 years ago
- 1 red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, diced shopping list
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 ham steak, diced into 1/4 inch cubes shopping list
- 3 medium to large potatoes, scrubbed and grated shopping list
- 6 oz smoked gouda (or other smoked cheese), shredded shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 1 pint cream shopping list
- Jalepeno hot sauce, to taste (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 10-inch non-stick, oven proof pan, using 1 tbsp of butter, saute peppers and onion over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ham steak and continue to saute for an additional 2 minutes. Remove mixture to small bowl.
- Melt additional 1 tbsp buttter and carefully press grated potatoes into pan to form a "crust". Potatoes should come up to the lip on the pan. Dot potatoes with remaining tbsp of butter.
- Evenly spread pepper and ham mixture over the potatoes.
- Evenly sprinkle shredded cheese over the pepper and ham mixture.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, cream, hot sauce (if using), salt, and pepper and pour over mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove from oven (handle will be HOT!!!) and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Loosen from pan using spatula, slide onto platter or cutting board, and cut into 8 wedges.