Fried marinated Mozzarella BallsFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- • About 5 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- • 1 pound drained marinated bocconcini (small mozzarella balls), patted dry shopping list
- • 3 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- • 1 cup plain FINE dry bread crumbs **** shopping list
- • Equipment: a deep-fat thermometer shopping list
- • Accompaniment: warm homemade or bottled spicy tomato sauce shopping list
- ***** it is important to use fine bread crumbs... you want to form a solid coating around the cheese....or you will have a mess when you fry them**** shopping list
How to make it
- Heat about 11/2 inches oil to 360°F in a 3 1/2-to 4-quart heavy saucepan.
- Meanwhile, double-coat bocconcini by dipping in eggs, then in bread crumbs, and repeating. Transfer to a sheet of wax paper.
- Working in batches of 10, lower balls into oil with a slotted spoon and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 30 seconds per batch. Transfer to paper towels to drain and season with salt. (Return oil to 360°F between batches.)
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
wow !!!! i love these peeta ..........its wonderful
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
OMG, Yeah.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
this is incredible something i can eat if i can find the gluten free bread crumbs any ideas . i love fried cheese. you are the greatest. meganmaywest in Tangerine loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!