Bloody Mary Soup Shots with Shrimp and Pickled VegetablesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- • 32 peeled deveined cooked medium shrimp shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided shopping list
- • pickled vegetables (such as carrots, celery, green beans, and olives) you will find them in the pickle section of the store ... the hot ones are good!! shopping list
- • 1 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes in juice shopping list
- • 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- • 1/2 cup (or more) low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons vodka shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon celery salt shopping list
How to make it
- Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon lemon juice in large bowl. Thread 1 shrimp and 1 vegetable on toothpick. Repeat with remaining shrimp and vegetables. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place tomatoes with juice, green onions, 1/2 cup broth, Worcestershire sauce, vodka, horseradish, celery salt, and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice in blender. Cover; blend until smooth. If mixture is too thick, thin with additional broth by tablespoonfuls. Season Bloody Mary mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to pitcher. DO AHEAD: Skewers and soup can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Pour Bloody Mary mixture into shot glasses or small glasses. Garnish each with shrimp-vegetable skewer. Serve remaining Bloody Mary mixture and shrimp-vegetable skewers alongside.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
How fun. I love pickled shrimp and love to serve them hanging off the side of a good bloody mary...that and pickled green beans. Love this.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!