Chewy Chocolate Cherry CookiesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 6 oz dried cherries shopping list
- 3 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup old fashioned oats shopping list
- 2 egg shopping list
- 2 1/4 oz dark chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and add pecans. Toast at 350°F for about 5 to 7 minutes. Don't leave kitchen, as nuts need to be monitored carefully. When nuts begin to smell toasted, remove from oven and from pan. Set aside.
- 2. Crush or finely chop dark chocolate bars and set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium until well combined. Add eggs, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add flour, oats, and baking soda and mix together on low speed. Using a wooden spoon, stir in cherries, nuts, and chocolate.
- 4. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons
- onto two ungreased baking sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between cookies, as they will spread. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over-bake-- cookies will be chewier if slightly underdone. Let rest on pan for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Fresh Magazine, Mar/Apr 2008
People Who Like This Dish 9
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- juels Clayton, NC
- cher3231 Denham Springs, LA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- goblue434 Anniston, AL
- henrie Savannah, GA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
i love these too peeta omg stop it lol.........they are all making me so hungry for sweets i havent had in any months and months lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
These look really good, I'm not much on dried cherries - wonder how they would be if I chopped up maraschino cherries in these. Think I will try it both ways. Great post. Another high 5 for you, as Tink said I haven't had desserts for over a week ...morehenrie in Savannah loved it
wow love this recipe dried cherries sound good great ingredients thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!