Spare Ribs With Apples Dated 1957From chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 pounds baby pork spareribs cut in pieces shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups granny smith apples thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup white onion cut into julienne strips shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 pound sauerkraut rinsed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large heavy pot then season pork ribs with salt and pepper.
- Place in oil and sear on both sides then add apples and onions to pot and cook 5 minutes.
- Add wine, sauerkraut, caraway seeds and juniper berries then cook 2 minutes.
- Add stock and return ribs to pot then bring to a boil.
- Cover reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.