Spinach Sesame And Seaweed SaladFrom laika 6 years ago
- 4-5 cups of fresh small spinach leaves shopping list
- 1 handful grape tomatoes, sliced in half shopping list
- 4 1/4 inch slices extra firm tofu shopping list
- 1 tsp. neutral oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup wild nori shopping list
- 1 tbs. tahini shopping list
- t tbs. white miso shopping list
- 1 tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- juice of 1/4 lime shopping list
How to make it
- Put the tofu on a paper plate, cover with a paper towel and then with another plate. Weight it down with a few heavy cans or books and leave to drain for 10-15 min.
- Toast the nori in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes, until crisp and toasty. Crumble and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the tahini, miso, soy, sugar and lime juice. Whisk in water until you reach your desired consistency. (I used about 4 tbs.)
- Pour the cooking oil into a skillet and heat on medium-high. When the oil is hot, add the tofu. Sautee until golden brown (about 3-4 min) then flip over and repeat. Remove from pan and cut into strips.
- To assemble the salad:
- Toss the spinach leaves and tomatoes with about half of the dressing until lightly coated. Divide between two plates, top with the tofu, and drizzle with a little more dressing. Give each salad a generous sprinke of nori and serve.