Candy Cake BallsFrom gwencampbell 6 years ago
- Dark chocolate cake mix shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened) shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 4 T butter (softened) shopping list
- 1 T milk shopping list
- For The Coating: shopping list
- 12 oz chocolate chips shopping list
- 12 oz chocolate bark shopping list
- mini cup cake liners shopping list
- Colored sugars and sprinkles shopping list
How to make it
- Bake cake in 13 x 9 inch pan, following directions on box
- Let cake cool, overnight in the refrigerator
- The next day:
- Break the cake into a large bowl and crumble it up with your hands until very fine crumbs
- In a separate bowl, Whip the softened cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and milk together till smooth.
- Pour into the cake crumbs and mix with hands until it will easily roll into a ball about the size of a large walnut.
- After completely mixed, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate (or freeze) until firm. You can actually leave this in the fridge for a few days.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Make cake balls and place on cookie sheets
- Put cake balls on cookie sheets in fridge or freezer until chocolate has melted completely
- Place your sprinkles in separate small containers so you can dip the cake balls easily.
- Separate mini cup cake liners, you will need about 40
- Dip the balls into the chocolate
- then dip the balls in the sprinkles
- Put in a mini cup cake liner and place bake on cookie sheet
- Repeat until all cake balls are frosted and dipped
- Keep these at room temperature or freeze. Best not to store in fridge.
The Cookgwencampbell Chula Vista, CA
The Rating5 people
fantastic thanks love this recipe print try and save high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
These sounds yummy! You have my five!m2googee in Tomball loved it
This does sound great. You have my 5 as well.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!