Chicken Breast in Wine with Cheese and LeeksFrom coyote 4 years ago
- 2 Boneless, Skinless, chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 large leek shopping list
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1/4 Cup wine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (Fresh Ground) shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon pepper shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- 1 Medium-sized shallot shopping list
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Slice leek into thin circles, after removing any tough outer layers.
- Mince shallot.
- Crush or mince garlic finely
- Melt butter in a deep frying pan or skillet, on medium heat
- When butter is hot, add leek and shallot, and cook until leeks rings begin to fall apart and shallots begin to become transparent.
- Spread leek and shallot evenly in a bed in the bottom of the pan and place chicken breasts on top.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and wine, and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle pepper, lemon pepper and salt over chicken, cover, and allow to simmer. You may uncover and turn chicken from time to time, and if necessary, add small amounts of water or wine to the pan.
- Cook chicken for approximately twenty minutes or until cooked through.
- If desired, sprinkle a small amount of parmesan or romano cheese over chicken breasts and cook an additional five minutes.
- Serve hot, with leek and onion spooned over the tops of breasts.
- Fresh asparagus makes an excellent side, along with mashed potatoes, or sweet baby carrots. A cool salad is also an excellent choice.
The Cookcoyote Boulder, CO
The Rating4 people
This sounds amazing. Love the sound of this through and through. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
great recipe..I have been looking for some new chicken recipes ... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!