Stuffed Small Red PotatoesFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes (20 or so) shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, ok...I probably use a bit more! shopping list
- Fresh minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Wash potatoes.
- Cook whole unpeeled potatoes in boiling water until fork-tender, but not mushy.
- Place in cold water to stop cooking process.
- Carefully cut each cooked potato in half.
- With a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the centers leaving a 1/4 inch of pulp in the skins.
- (You can save the centers for other uses...soups, salads, etc.)
- In a small bowl,combine sour cream, bacon, seasoned salt, pepper and chives.
- Spoon sour cream mixture evenly into centers of cooked potatoes.
- Sprinkle tops with cheddar cheese.
- Arrange on baking sheet. (You may cover them at this point and refrigerate for 24 hours to finish later)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place stuffed potatoes unde broiler until cheese melts.
- Arrange on platter or serving dish.
- Garnish with parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!