Spicy Sweet Potato and Coconut SoupFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds orange-fleshed sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2" piece fresh ginger root, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste shopping list
- 15 ounces unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place potatoes directly on rack and bake until tender, about 45 minute.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Microwave potatoes until tender and allow to cool.
- Heat oil in large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and ginger.
- Cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste and heat for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove skins from potatoes and cut into bite size chunks.
- Add to soup and cook for 5 minutes so potatoes soak up flavors.
- Stir in lemon juice and season with salt.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with a drizzle of sesame oil and cilantro.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating3 people
LOVELY recipe, Lorraine! FIVE, my dear- wish I could give this more!! Flagged as beautiful also!
Elaine :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I love the combo of coconut milk and sweet potatoes here! Looks and sounds sooo goood!juels in Clayton loved it
Great recipe. The photo makes my mouth drool.nadaism in Bathurst loved it