Spicy Sweet Potato and Coconut SoupFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds orange-fleshed sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2" piece fresh ginger root, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste shopping list
- 15 ounces unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place potatoes directly on rack and bake until tender, about 45 minute.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Microwave potatoes until tender and allow to cool.
- Heat oil in large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and ginger.
- Cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste and heat for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove skins from potatoes and cut into bite size chunks.
- Add to soup and cook for 5 minutes so potatoes soak up flavors.
- Stir in lemon juice and season with salt.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with a drizzle of sesame oil and cilantro.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating3 people
Great recipe. The photo makes my mouth drool.nadaism in Bathurst loved it
I love the combo of coconut milk and sweet potatoes here! Looks and sounds sooo goood!juels in Clayton loved it
LOVELY recipe, Lorraine! FIVE, my dear- wish I could give this more!! Flagged as beautiful also!
Elaine :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it