Authentic Jamaican Coco BreadFrom bitsyskitchen 8 years ago
How to make it
- Mix the yeast, sugar and water together. Beat the egg and stir in to the mixture. Stir in the milk and salt. Stir in 2 cups of the flour.
- Slowly add more flour, stop when the mixture becomes stiff. Knead the dough until it is smooth about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a clean buttered bowl. Roll the dough around the bowl until it is entirely coated in butter.
- Cover with a damp towel for 1 hour. Divide the dough in to 10 pieces and roll each piece in to a circle, about 1/2 cm thick.
- Brush the dough with melted butter then fold in half.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place folded pieces on a well greased sheet and place on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake until golden brown (this should take around 15 minutes).
The Cookbitsyskitchen Beautiful Coast, CA
The Rating5 people
I like the interesting way this gets assembled! Sounds yummy, too!juels in Clayton loved it
AWESOME!!!! Right now I am trying to lose a few before our trip to Jamaica, but you better believe I saved this one...laurieg in Wilmington loved it
I really like the sounds of this, really diffrent!gagagrits in Irmo loved it