Tuscan Garbanzo Bean SoupFrom mbeards2 6 years ago
- 1 cup medium pasta shells (e.g. cavatelli) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 small white onion, chopped shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves or 3 tablespoons of fresh shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. dried pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained shopping list
- 1 medium carrot chopped shopping list
- 2 cans of (16 oz) of garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or pecorino romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- At the same time, in a medium sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, rosemary, bay leaf and red pepper flakes.
- Add 2 cups of water, tomatoes, carrot and garbanzo beans, reserving 1 cup of whole beans.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Puree vegetable mixture in a blender or food processor and return to the sauce pan. Add the pasta and remaining whole beans and heat through, adding more water if soup is getting too thick.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheese and fresh rosemary, if desired.