Tortellini italian FattyFrom bigredq 8 years ago
- bacon shopping list
- italian sausage shopping list
- prosciutto shopping list
- roasted red tomatoes shopping list
- Greek olives in an Italian herb seasoning shopping list
- tortellini shopping list
- grated cheeses - mozzarella, parmesan, romano, & Asiago shopping list
- paul newmans roasted garlic sauce shopping list
- Organic baby spinach shopping list
- Itlaian seasonings shopping list
- minced garlic and onion shopping list
How to make it
- I flatten out 1lb of Italian sausage. I use a gallon zip lock baggie and than cut the sides down. this helps with rolling the fatty after the filling is put in.
- after the sausage is flattened out I put the mince garlic and onion on, Than I layed out the spinach leaves roasted red tomatoes and olives, and than added the cheeses, than layed out the cooked tortellini ( i used a 3 cheese tortellini) next came the shaved Prosciutto.
- At this point I roll this up into a log. And on a layer of syran wrap I have a basket weave of Bacon layed in place. I place the Fatty on the bacon and using the syran wrap, I roll and re-roll until it has tightened together. Place in the fridge to cool and set up while I get the smoker to temp.
- I smoke this at 225 degrees for approx 2 hrs. to an internal temp of 155 - 160. Let rest a bit before eating.
- I prefer these much better the next day, but thats true with most smoked foods.
- A fatty can be stuffed with any combination of flavors you wish. Hope you enjoy this.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- dooley Crossroads, TX
- bigredq Lexington, KY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookbigredq Lexington, KY
The Rating3 people
Wow, wow, wow, this looks absolutely amazing. Great pictures and the recipe sounds decadent. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Cat Got my Tongue. She said it all better than I could have, great post, and I have a smoker!mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Man, this is just a party in the kitchen!! And smoked at that! (I swear I would smoke Ice Cream if I could get it to hold together!) Thanks for an icredible recipe! Dooley 55555!dooley in Crossroads loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!