Totally Fab French StewFrom bluewaterandsand 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 pound pork tenderlion, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cans (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks shopping list
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 4 slices crusty French bread, torn shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. In a 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add pork, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until pork is browned, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in beans, carrots, broth, rosemary, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, chop bread in a food processor to form about 1-1/2 cups of coarse crumbs. Toss crumbs with remaining olive oil; sprinkle over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes more or until pork is cooked and carrots are tender.
- Serve in shallow bowls with French-bread slices, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 15
- MissouriFarmWife Ozarks, Missouri
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- stellajean Nowhere, Us
- morninlite Kalamazoo, US
- cookinggood Leesburg, FL
- Roxannefw Nowhere, Us
- rosemaryblue CollegeTown
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating5 people
Mmmmmmm i really love this stew yum-oooo lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
There are two things the French claim to be good at, one of them is cooking, the other…..well that is probably cooking too. Recipe sounds great.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
I make this ,too, but I always add a bottle of cheap lambrusco wine mixed with a little sugar and some sliced mushrooms. Thanksgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!