Cranberry Semolina Tea LoafFrom chacha 6 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup semolina flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted pistachios shopping list
How to make it
- Butter and flour two loaf pans (3 1/2 x 7-1/2 inch each).
- In a large bowl, mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, semolina flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs to blend then whisk in sugar, olive oil, lemon peel, and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until evenly moistened.
- Gently stir in cranberries and pistachios.
- Pour batter equally into prepared pans.
- Bake in a 350° F (180°C) regular or convection oven until bread is golden brown and a wood skewer inserted in center of loaves comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool bread in pans on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife between bread and pan sides, then invert pans to release the loaves.
- Set loaves upright on rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 2 loaves (3 1/2 by 7 1/2 in.); 6 to 8 servings
- Nutritional Information
- Per serving: 442 calories
- 43% (189 cal.) from fat
- 8.7 g protein
- 21 g fat (3.7 g saturated fat)
- 54 g carbohydrates
- 2.6 g fiber
- 309 mg sodium
- 109 mg cholesterol
- Source: Sunset Magazine
- Date: November 23, 2003
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating2 people
Oh my gosh, I just came on and noticed your recipe. This looks delicious and I have the semoline flour along with all the other ingredients. Thanks so much and High 5.peepers in loved it