Rhubarb Streusel BarsFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 11/2c quick cooking oats shopping list
- 1c flour shopping list
- 3/4c brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4c butter(11/2 sticks) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/4c sugar shopping list
- 2Tbs flour shopping list
- 1/2tsp powdered ginger shopping list
- 2c sliced rhubarb shopping list
- ginger Icing: shopping list
- 3/4c powdered sugar,sifted shopping list
- 1/4tsp powdered ginger shopping list
- 3-4 tsp. orange juice or milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 8" square pan with heavy aluminum foil extended over pan's edges. In a largebowl,sift together the oats,flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Scoop out 1c of mixture and set aside. Press remaining mixture into prepared pan and bake at 350 for 25 mins.
- In medium bowl,stir together the sugar,flour and ginger. Add rhubarb and toss to coat. Spread over hot crust. Sprinkle with reserved crust mixture and press lightly. Bake 30-35 mins or till top is golden and filling bubbly. Cool on wire rack.
- For the icing,in a small bowl,combine powdered sugar,ginger and enough liquid for good drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over bars while still in pan. Lift foil from pan and cut into bars. Serve right away. Store any leftovers(which there probably won't be) covered in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days or freeze.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
Mmmmm.....sounds sooo goood! Saved and will try soon!juels in Clayton loved it
oooh this sounds delicious pleclare! And the ginger icing sounds devine it has got to be an amazing combo of flavors.... I must save, rate high, and print out now!
ps Love the new avatar, hadn't had time to tell you before... it this a pho...moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it